Launched in 2008, the GenerationWeb study has examined the behaviour of more than 3,000 students and gathered best practice across nearly 200 business school websites, helping schools to understand how students engage digitally, answering questions such as:
- What does it take to deliver effective digital marketing?
- What do prospective students want and expect from your website?
- What makes students stick on your site - design, content, navigation or something else?
- Are students simply swiping away to a competitor site?
- And how is your social media presence responding to today’s student?
The latest study, published in association with EFMD in December 2019, found that while 51% of prospective students search for information about business schools on social media sites, 34% agree that recent scandals about social media have made them uncertain about using these channels. Prospective students are looking for authenticity and differentiation. There is too much content on business school websites and social media channels that looks just like other schools. Students want an honest appraisal of what a school is really like and why they should study there and not somewhere else.
To take part in the next round of GenerationWeb, which will go live in April 2020, and get insights specifically for your business school as well as the global report, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Audiences: current undergraduates and postgraduates
Timeline: survey goes live in April/May 2020.